Zeppoles New York Style
VERY IMPORTANT: don’t use a metal bowl to mix in as I did in the video it will produce crispy Zeppoles instead of soft doughy ones.
• one and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 package rapid rise yeas
• 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• powdered sugar
• vegetable oil or canola oil for frying
- Add the flour, water, salt, and yeast into a glass, plastic, or ceramic bowl.
- Next, you will mix until you have a runny batter.
- After that, you need to cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Set it aside in a warm area to rise (appx 1 to 1 1/2 hours).
- When your batter has risen, gently drop tablespoons of batter into hot oil 375 degrees and flip when golden brown.
- Remove from the oil and set on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Cover in powdered sugar and enjoy!