Learn to make an amazing and fresh Pesto at home
- fresh sweet basil 3 cups de-stemmed
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- First de-stem your basil.
- And then measure out 3 packed cup fulls. (You will probably need to wash the basil unless it’s prewashed)
- Place your basil in a food processor along with your olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper, and roasted pine nuts. And then you will process until it is smooth.
- When it is smooth add your parmesan and process a bit more and you’re done.
- Finally, you will need to let it rest for at least 1 hour. overnight is preferred. People find the flavor better after sitting in a refrigerator overnight in a sealed container.