“CORRECTION-USE MILK NOT HEAVY CREAM”
• 2 large large egg yolks, lightly beaten
• 1 cup Whole Milk
• 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
• dash dash salt
• Cooking Spray
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 2/3 cup 2% reduced fat milk
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 5 Large egg whites
• 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
• pinch salt
• Extra sugar to coat Ramekins
Grand Mariner Souffle Directions:
- place 2 egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Combine whole milk and 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar in a small, heavy saucepan over medium heat; until tiny bubbles form around the edge (do not boil).
- Gradually add hot milk mixture to 2 egg yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thick(about 2 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and dash of salt. Pour into a glass bowl; cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- coat a 1-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place 3 egg yolks in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Place milk in a small heavy saucepan; gradually sift in the flour, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir in 1/4 cup sugar; add butter. Cook over medium heat until thick (about 5 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Gradually add hot milk mixture to 3 egg yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Return mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly (about 3 minutes), stirring constantly.
- Stir in Grand Mariner and 2 teaspoons vanilla; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Place egg whites, cream of tartar, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into milk mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Pour into prepared soufflé dish.
- Place soufflé dish in a 9-inch square baking pan; add hot water to the pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until puffy and set.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of sauce over each serving. Serve immediately.