Learn to make a New York-style Calzone at home.
• Pizza Dough
• marinara sauce
- First of all, let your pre-made pizza dough come to room temp.
- While you are waiting for your oven to preheat to 475.
- Then prepare a work surface with flour so your dough won’t stick. And then you will start to stretch your dough.
- Place a handful of mozzarella cheese on one side of the dough (refer to my video) all of the fillings are to be added to your liking.
- Put a healthy portion of ricotta cheese and salt and pepper on top of your mozzarella.
- Another topping may be placed in now (basil, garlic, spinach, etc)
- Finally, you will fold the dough over and pinch together the edges.
- You should now brush the top with olive oil or butter and place it on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let the calzone cool down cut it in half and serve with marinara sauce.