Learn to make mouth watering Creme Brulee at home
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour cream, half the sugar, and vanilla into a sauce pan. Heat on medium until the cream becomes slightly steamy and small bubbles form. (do not let this boil) Set off to the side off the heat and let the vanilla steep for another minute of so.
- Combine egg yolks and remaining sugar and gently wisk till the eggs are a pale yellow and the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Slowly add cream mixture to the eggs a little at a time while gently stirring with a wisk (tempering the eggs) Do not rush this part or you will cook your eggs.
- pour your mixture thru a strainer to remove any lumps and vanilla husk and seeds.
- place ramekins in a pan and pour mixture into shallow ramekins (90% full)
- Pour boiling water into pan to create a water bath which will help your custard cook evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the custard is set and the center jiggle just a bit (refer to video)
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temp. Then place the ramekins in the fridge for at least 1 hour overnight is preferable.
- Place one tablespoon of sugar in each ramekin and rotate to spread the sugar evenly.
- Use cooking torch to caramelize the sugar place back in fridge till cool and enjoy!