Chocolate Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Directions for Chocolate Chocolate chip ice cream:
- Combine sugar, 1 cup heavy cream, salt, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Place the egg yolks into a small bowl. Gradually stir in about 1/2 cup of the hot liquid. and return to the saucepan.
- Heat until thickened, but do not boil.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the chocolate chips until chocolate is melted.
- Pour into a chilled bowl, and refrigerate for about two hours until cold, stirring occasionally.
- When chocolate mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream, and vanilla.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.